Visit My Website, A Personal Gallery!


Click on Logo Bar Below, to visit my website!


Friday, December 2, 2011

Creating more with C-Lon Tex 400 Thread

My further interest, experimenting with alternate ideas to warp, and the colors available in C-Lon Tex 400 Cord, brought me to create my next pattern and cuff. I want to share my thoughts, as I go, so maybe you too can find something useful to incorporate as warps, for your own creative bead weavings.

I pulled out these bright colors and matched it with using black Wildfire. Notice the difference in thread thickness, between all of the selections I made. This should create a texture, as well as a unique design to weave.


Furthering my interest, to work up different free-form designs, I warped the loom in an A-Symmetrical arrangement. I could have warpped less for each row of beading. There is no reason to have 'warps' separating 'each bead'. This too will create a different look.


Below is a sample of how I once wove a pattern having more than one bead in between two warps.


It may be hard to notice, from such a close up picture, but by eliminating the number of warps, between each row of beads woven, you can brighten the color of beads even further. You may recall I always recommend using a 'white' weft, no matter what color warps are being used. The white also brings out the brightness of a bead color, but less warps, too, also create that 'wow' color.

I haven't tried weaving more than three beads wide, in between two warps, but it is safe to say you can securely weave two or three beads wide, with two warps.

Now that I explained my warp color intentions, let me share a picture of how I played these warps into my pattern idea.

I am using a matte black background so the bright warp colors will shine through. These were placed so the warp color seems to have 'bled' the same color from the pattern I am weaving.

We will be loom weaving this cuff together, in pictures and blog posts, so you will see and understand some of my thinking on this idea. Again, my warp management methods will allow a finish with such thick warps.

Finally, This may seem to introduce an inner desire to weave with textiles, but I really do not think I'll leave my 1,265 Delica colors, on the shelf!

13 comments:

  1. I can't wait to join you on this journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cat. I love seeing how you incorporate other mediums into your looming too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful and inspirational!
    I'll be following, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ness! You too are one I would love to put a roll of Tex 400 in hands, hmmm?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Black fireline! I learn something new from you all the time - this just pops, love the bright colours and the pattern is beautiful - I'll certainly be watching this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My loom is out of storage I might just have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Caron, my bad, it is 'not' Fireline, which is available in a dark color they label as 'smoke', but this was 'Wildfire'. Wildfire comes in a few thicknesses, 10lb and 12lb, only three colors, white, black and a moss green. When using, be aware this has a casing over wrap which can be stripped down. When it does, it clogs the needle hole. I don't mean to make this sound like a thread 'more trouble than it's worth', because it is not. I do love what feel it gives my finished looming, so I try to use it for many of my warps.

    KJ, when you get the loom out of storage, let me know. You may want to join my Group on FB. There we speak about every detail of my techniques and offer advice. We have a great Group of Members, all who are friendly and ready to help.

    Lisa, aren't these colors different for me? I am loving them now too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colors are yummy!!! I love bright primary/secondary colors set off by black. We've been dealing with some health issues here, so my looming has been put on hold, but I'm still following BLI and all my Loomies very closely. ((hugs)) to all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sandra, I love sharing with you! I am so sorry your Family has the concerns you mention, just know you make me smile Everytime you reach out to looming. You are the BEST and I love sharing with you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just another great post!!! So interesting!!! I learn so much from you!!! I too have my loom 'resting' for when we get to Florida...just too much going on now to do anything but finish a quilt for Christmas gift, shopping, etc., etc.! Can't wait for Florida in January!
    Can't wait to see more of what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just another great post!!! So interesting!!! I learn so much from you!!! I too have my loom 'resting' for when we get to Florida...just too much going on now to do anything but finish a quilt for Christmas gift, shopping, etc., etc.! Can't wait for Florida in January!
    Can't wait to see more of what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Erin for that info - I'm going to give Wildfire a go!

    ReplyDelete